What does this Policy cover?
Here at The Resilient we take your personal data seriously. This policy:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- explains how long we keep your personal data for;
- explains why we share your personal data, who we share it with and when;
- explain whether any third parties collect your personal data on The Resilient Sites and for what purpose;
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data we request from you;
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to provide the services you request from us including but not limited to, the following:
- subscribing to our weekly newsletter;
- subscribing to our The Resilient magazine;
- taking part in competitions on our The Resilient Sites;
- participating in forums on our The Resilient Sites;
- taking part in promotions and surveys on our The Resilient Sites;
- inviting you to attend events and activations put on by The Resilient and its partners; and
- fulfilling online purchases of merchandise by The Resilient and other brands within the The Resilient Media Group.
We may collect the following information from you (depending on the Services you request from us) in order to be able to provide you with the Services: your name, your email address, payment card details (if you purchase merchandise from us via our The Resilient Sites), your home address for delivering any subscription materials, merchandise or prizes to you, your responses to queries and questions if you take part in forums on The Resilient Sites and your responses to questions if you take part in competitions and surveys.
Vice may process data for the purposes of producing, broadcasting, distributing and marketing our digital, film and television content. This personal data may come directly from you when engaging you to appear in the applicable piece of content for example your name, address, signature or it may be generated during the course of production for example your image and appearance in the content itself.
We may also collect certain site usage information from you either directly or via a third party, whenever you visit or interact with us or our content found elsewhere on the internet (“ Usage Information”). Such usage information includes your browser type, operating system, all of the areas within our The Resilient Sites that you visit, including content that you browse and the time of day and your online identifier (i.e. the ID assigned to your device), among other information.
We may collect personal data from you when you complete an application form and/or send us a copy of your CV including your name, address, previous employer etc.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We may collect and access personal data about you from the following different sources:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide while using our website and signing up to our Services, applying for a vacancy at Vice or during production of our digital, film or television content;
- Through social media widgets and similar links. Our The Resilient Sites contains links, ‘widgets’, ‘tweet’ and ‘like’ buttons linked to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, tumblr and youtube.
- How and why we use your personal data?
- We use your personal data primarily to provide you with the Services you sign up for. For example if you sign up for our newsletters we will use your personal data to provide you with that newsletter. We may also use your data in the following ways:
- To provide you with related customer services for example replying to your questions, complaints or comments;